Friday, December 24, 2010

Early EVPs

Too noisy here this Christmas Eve to try to record anything with the px, but I thought I'd post some evps I've gotten in the past.

When I first started out, it was just with an early digital recorder. I would ask out loud for someone from the other side to visit me and to speak a message into the recorder.  My son, at that time, was 14 years old.  He got all excited about the work as well and took the recorder and set it up in an unused bathroom one day.  He came back for it about an hour later and I downloaded the file and played it.

We were both surprised at the clarity of the voice. At first I thought it might be my grandmother, but J had never known her.  I tend to think it was his grandfather, who shortly before he died and take  my son for a week in the summer. He had taken J to a baseball game and tons of other things, sort of an attempt to make J remember him.

Here's the file: "I Hope You Won't Forget Me"  It's a RealPlayer format

Getting EVP (electronic voice phenomena) is difficult.  It takes lots of time to search thru the files for the part that you want.  Then often you need to clean out the background noise and clarify the actual voice.  Takes too much work.

I graduated to Stefon Bion's EVPMaker (before he added the speakjet allophones.)  Back then one used an audio file of something like a news station as raw material.  EVPMaker chops up the file into tiny bits of sound called allophones.  I got some of my best EVPs using a German news report as a source sound, bu I also use a long British news report as well.

When you use EVPMaker, the spirit manipulates the source sound to create words.  The goal was to have a recorder running while you ran EVPMaker and the messages would be recorded over the gibberish,  I didn't have a microphone or a recorder at the time I started using EVPMaker, so the EVPs I got were outstanding because they came right from the computer running the program without a mike.


Then my 13 year old son died unexpectedly.  I was devastated.  I was useless to myself and to my family.  One night around 3 AM I was awake and miserable so I started EVPMaker up.  When I played it back I was amnazed.  Thes EVPs were clear as a bell.  They didn't need to be "cleaned up."  AND they used my name!


After that I felt better.  I had proof that life exists beyond what we call death.

That's all for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment